Contest Rules: NAME OUR CAVEMAN
Contest Rules: NAME OUR CAVEMAN
QWICK WICK FIRE STARTER INC. - NAME OUR CAVEMAN (the “Contest”)
THIS CONTEST IS ONLY OPEN TO CANADIAN AND USA RESIDENTS AND IS GOVERNED BY CANADIAN LAW AND THE LAWS OF THE PROVINCE OF ONTARIO.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. SEE BELOW FOR FULL CONTEST DETAILS. PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR FULL AND UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE OF, AND AGREEMENT TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY, THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST RULES”).
1) The Contest begins on August 26, 2021 at 8pm Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on September 16, 2021 at Midnight ET at 9:00 a.m. ET (the “Contest Period”).
2) The Contest is open to all residents of Canada & USA who have reached the age of 13 in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry, except employees (and those with whom such employees are domiciled) of QWICK WICK FIRE STARTER (the “Sponsor”), its affiliated companies or agents, advertising and promotion agencies and the Contest judges.
HOW TO ENTER
3) NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To participate in this Contest, you must:
Agree to the rules governing this contest
- Complete all the form fields as required at www.qwickwick.com/pages/contests which also subscribes the participant to the Qwick Wick Newsletter that the entrant can unsubscribe from at any time.
- BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR ENTRY (INCLUDING YOUR NAME, PHOTOGRAPH AND LIKENESS) MAY BE POSTED ON TWITTER, FACEBOOK AND/OR SPONSOR’S PROPRIETARY WEBSITE, WHERE IT MAY BE VIEWED, SHARED (BY USERS OF TWITTER AND VARIOUS OTHER INTERNET-BASED SITES) AND COMMENTED ON BY THE SPONSOR AND THE GENERAL PUBLIC.
DRAW AND WINNER SELECTION
6) On September 17, 2021 in Barrie, Ontario, at approximately 10:00 a.m. ET, the Name for our Caveman and Grand Prize winner will be selected by Qwick Wick founder Frank Wall based on originality, brand relevance and memorability and in the event there are more than one identical winning names entered all identical entries will go into a hat for the grand prize-winning draw. Only 1 (one) winner will be selected. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7) Before being declared a winner: The selected entrant will be contacted by the email address supplied when entered. The selected entrant must reply by email within one (1) business day of notification and provide the Sponsor with a contact phone number. The selected entrant must first correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by telephone. The Sponsor will then email, and the selected entrant will be required to sign and return within one (1) business day of notification a declaration of eligibility and a liability/publicity release, which:
- confirms compliance with the contest rules;
- releases the Sponsor, its affiliated companies and agents, advertising and promotion
agencies, the contest judges and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns from any liability in connection with the Contest, the entrant’s participation therein and/or the awarding and use or misuse of the prize or any portion thereof; and
- grants to the Sponsor the right to use the selected entrant’s name, address and likeness in any form of advertising relating to the contest without further notice or compensation.
If a selected entrant: (i) cannot be contacted by email within one (1) calendar days of selection or there is a return of any prior notification as undeliverable; (ii) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; or (iii) fails to return the contest documents within the specified time, the he/she will be disqualified and will forfeit the prize, and the Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate entrant from among the remaining eligible entries.
8) Grand Prize: There will be one (1) grand prize available to be won, consisting of:
Tickets for winner and 3 guests at Delaware Speedway on September 24, 25, 26 for the Great Canadian Race Weekend featuring, the Qwick Wick Super Stock Championship, APC Pro Late Model Championship, and the Pinty’s NASCAR Series Fall Brawl Champion all from our VIP Qwick Wick Trackside Private Patio with food & beverages plus a Pit-Road VIP meet and greet
Winner will get to give the "Drivers Start your Engines" command and wave the Green Flag for the Qwick Wick Super Stock Race on the Friday night
Winner will also help reveal the Winning Name of our Qwick Wick Caveman
- PLUS, Qwick Wicks for a year and a selection of Qwick Wick Product and Apparel
(Approximate retail value $1550 (CDN)) (“Grand Prize”).
NOTE: The Grand Prize does not include, and the Sponsor will not pay for, transportation to and/or from the Qwick Wick Fire Starter Championship weekend. Finalists must arrange for their own transportation, accommodation, and spending money.
Prizes must be accepted as awarded and are not transferable or convertible to cash. No substitutions except at Sponsor’s option. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize or a prize component with one of equal or greater value, including without limitation, but solely in the Sponsor’s discretion Prizes will only be awarded to the person who is the owner of the Account.
9) By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these Contest Rules. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. Void where prohibited by law. The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal.
10) Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, withdraw or amend this Contest in any way, without prior notice or obligation, in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Contest Rules. Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
11) You must warrant that your Contest entry meets the Specifications, set out above. Sponsor reserves the right to deem ineligible and exclude from the Contest any names that Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, determines does not meet the Entry Specifications. You're right to submit a Contest entry must not be restricted in any way. You must be able to provide legal releases for use of your Contest name by Sponsor in any format, and materials related to the Contest, including in relation to any third party’s name, likenesses or work ("Third Party Elements") included in your Contest entry
12) Sponsor’s right to use your Contest entry name: You acknowledge that your Contest entry will immediately appear in your Twitter or social media feed after it is posted and may appear in other electronic and print materials related to the Contest, including promotional materials. By posting a Contest entry using the designated Hashtag and Channel name, you irrevocably, perpetually, and without limitation, grant Sponsor the right to use, publish, adapt, sub-license, edit, dispose of, and/or modify such Contest name and the concepts and Third Party Elements embodied therein in any way, in commerce, and in any and all media worldwide in electronic and print materials related to the Contest, and waive all your rights, including moral rights, in the Contest entry name without notice or compensation, and agree that you may be required to sign a release to that effect.
13) All Entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any Entry entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid Entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).
14) By entering the Contest and submitting the grants to the Sponsor, in perpetuity, a non-exclusive license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use his/her submission, in whole or in part, for advertising or promoting the Contest or for any other reason; (ii) waives all moral rights in and to his/her submission in favour of the Sponsor; and (iii) agrees to release and hold harmless the Contest Parties and each of their respective agents, employees, directors, successors, and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action that relate in any way to the submission. For greater certainty and the avoidance of any doubt, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and at any time, to modify, edit or disqualify any submission if a complaint is received with respect to the from submission, or for any other reason. If such an action is necessary at any point, then the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify the submission (and corresponding Entry) and/or the associated entrant. If the Sponsor determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, that any submission does not comply with these Rules for any reason at any time, then the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify the submission (and corresponding Entry) and/or the associated entrant.
15) Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed, or otherwise, illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Contest Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple Twitter accounts, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating, winning prizes (defined herein), and preclude you from participating in future contests and promotions, at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions these rules will be judged void. All Entries become the property of Sponsor upon receipt and none will be returned. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of receipt.
16) Without limitation, the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and the Contest judges will not be liable for any failure of the website during the Contest; for an technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; for the failure of any Entry to be received by the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies or the Contest judges for any reason including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website; or any combination of the above. Further, the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and the Contest judges will not be liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading any material in the Contest.
17) In the event of a dispute, Entries will be deemed to have submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. If the identity of an online entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder associated with the email account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the selected Entry. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid online Entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).
19) Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or in association with any social media platform utilized to promote the contest. Any questions or comments regarding the Contest should be directed to the Sponsor.